Benefits of Barcode Scanners for POS Systems
Some of the benefits of barcode scanners include:
- Convenience: Instead of entering a product’s number, you only have to scan the item. Products from major brands already come with a scannable barcode on the packaging. As a bonus, the NRS POS comes with 100,000’s of products that are already in the system.
- Accuracy: You don’t have to worry about entering the wrong price into your system. The POS does the math for you and adds the cost to the sale.
- Efficiency: Your checkouts will become faster, leading to shorter lines of customers. You can spend the time you would use to enter items to work on business growth.
- Inventory control: The NRS POS system automatically tracks the number of products in stock. Enter the starting amount, and the system will let you know when you need to reorder.
- Flexibility: Create barcodes (PLUs) for in-store items, and other products that don’t come with barcodes, so you can manage every part of your inventory. If a price scans incorrectly, you can change the item information from the register.
- Customer satisfaction: Link your system to the BR Club Loyalty Program to help your customers save money. Scan their membership card, and the POS will add discounts. We’ll refund the money needed to provide these promotions.
In other words, a barcode scanner will let you make sales more effectively, saving you time and work.
Using Your POS Cash Register With Scanner
Our equipment makes it easier than ever to run your business. The NRS POS with barcode scanner includes a pricebook and inventory that records your products’ UPCs. Use the POS software to:
- Manage prices: Your pricebook already has information for thousands of items that customers buy every day. If you don’t see a product in the program, you can add it with a quick scan.
- Transfer data: If you already have a POS with a pricebook, you can easily transfer the products and prices to your new NRS POS. You don’t have to enter your old items one-by-one. We will teach you how to transfer your information to the new system.
- Weigh and label items: Use our scale (optional) or an existing scale with a printer to label and scan items like produce and deli products. Print your labels at the deli counter or weigh items right at the register.
These technological features will enable your scanner, POS+ system and other equipment to work together seamlessly. The features of POS+ go beyond those of a standard cash register with barcode scanner.
POS+ Barcode Scanner for Small Retail Businesses
We designed every part of the POS+ bundle with small businesses like yours in mind. The hardware, software and barcode scanner will integrate to give you a comprehensive POS experience. Discover how a POS system with barcode scanner like POS+ can change how your business handles sales:
- Small businesses: The POS+ barcode scanner will let your small community business take advantage of many of the features that bigger chain stores use. Barcode technology will give you many ways to customize your workflow for more efficient sales and inventory management. You can find ways to use your barcode scanner that suit your approach to business.
- Convenience stores: Convenience stores like bodegas, mini markets and gas stations can use barcode technology for efficient customer services that stays personable. Add in-store items to your POS pricebook as well. You can also use a printer to create custom barcode stickers for sandwiches and other items made with care.
- Liquor stores: When you use the POS+ barcode scanner in your wine and spirits store, it will help you remember to check for ID. It communicates with the system to give users an on-screen reminder for alcohol and other products with an age limit.
- Tobacco and vape stores: In addition to ID reminders, the POS+ with scanner has plenty to offer to vape and tobacco shops. The barcode reader works with cigars, loose leaf tobacco and popular UPCs.
- Delis: Owning a deli business involves wearing many hats and selling products of various types. Scan prepared sandwiches, packaged snacks and more to save time.
- Supermarkets: Scanning your independent supermarket’s items will speed up checkout for your customers, and a faster shopping experience will help you compete with your larger competitors.
- Grocery stores: Combine your barcode scanner with an integrated scale to scan and weigh your grocery store’s produce. These features will let you add up prices faster than ever.
- Retail stores: Thanks to the POS+ system’s inventory tracking features, you can count your retail store’s stock. Every time you scan a product, the system will subtract it from your remaining amount.
- Bakeries: At your independent community bakery, you can scan a baked good to price it by item or weight through POS+.
- Dollar stores: Customize your dollar store’s pricebook to create discounted prices on popular products that ring up with a simple scan.
- Produce stands: Separate your fruit and vegetable store’s produce from other products using departments. The system will automatically organize them when you scan to save you time.
- Meat markets: Manage your meat or butcher shop’s sources using the POS+ vendor relationships, and track sales by vendor whenever you scan a product.
- Beauty salons: Community hair and beauty salons can also benefit from a scanner. Create a catalog of barcode stickers for each service you offer to add a sale up quickly.