Channel Manager is responsible for achieving company sales and profitability objectives by leading indirect and direct sales channels. The Channel Manager wins, maintains, and expands relationships with sales channels to deliver performance goals while representing the entire range of company products and services.
- Reports to and works in conjunction with Supervisor to meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic board goals utilizing indirect and direct channel sales.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with distributors and sales team.
- Serves as a liaison between company personnel, including support, marketing, finance, product, and management resources, in order to meet sales channel objectives, requirements and expectations.
- Proactively leads a planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, KPIs, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive sales channel relationship.
- Identify sales channel strengths and weaknesses and implement strategies or solutions to potentialize and/or overcome obstacles.
- Assesses, clarifies, and validates channel needs on an ongoing basis.
- Communicates effectively and on a regular basis with sales channel to maintain channel engagement and motivation.
- Manages potential channel conflict by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, negotiation skills and through adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Leads product and sales efforts that best address client needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and sales channels.
- Performs competitive analysis and provides market insight based on competitors, product feedback and channel sales findings.
- Provides progress reports on channel performance and suggests ways to improve/overcome obstacles as needed.
- Willingness to learn and master new products and services to develop effective sales strategies.
- Proactively recruits new qualifying distributor leads.
EDUCATION/ CERTIFICATION/ # OF YEARS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ Experience in Channel/Distribution Sales & Management
- Proficient written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft & Google Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and presentation skills
- Positive Attitude
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (ex. travel, # subordinates, etc.):
- Ability to travel within and outside the US
- Up to 50% of Travel is Required
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) is required
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a very fast-paced environment
- Excellent written & oral communications skills
- Attention to detail & proactive mindset
- Multi-tasking and meeting last minute deadlines
- Investigative & Research skills
- Ability to build a good rapport with our internal and external teams
- Able to work independently on most projects and programs